CRYSTAL'S HOT SPOT

Sharing Celebrity Gossip With The World!!!

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Ripa vs O'Donnell

Sorry that this one is soooooo long but this just ticked me off.


Rosie O'Donnell is pissed.......AGAIN!!!

Apparently, during a co-hosting appearance on Live with Regis and Kelly, Clay Aiken, in an attempt to silence Kelly, placed his hand over her mouth in a fun gesture. Ripa responded by saying, "Oh, that's a no-no. I don't know where that hand has been, honey."

Having watched Kelly Ripa from the time she made her first appearance as a 16 year old Hailey Vaughn on All My Children to her taking over where Kathy Lee Gifford left off, I know that she has an interesting sense of humor. I wouldn't take her statement to mean anything other than she didn't like his hand over her mouth. I wouldn't like for anyone to do that to me either.

Rosie O'Donnell took exception to Ripa's comment. She stated:

"To me that's a homophobic remark. If that was a straight man, if that was a cute man, or if that was a guy that she didn't question his sexuality, she would have said a different thing."

Ripa was quickly patched in by phone to address O'Donnell's accusations. "He reached across and covered my mouth with his hand," Ripa said. "I have three kids [and] he's shaking hands with everybody in the audience. It's cold and flu season. That's what I meant, and to imply that it's homophobic is outrageous, Rosie. And you know better. You should be more responsible."

O'Donnell emphasized that "from where I sit as a gay woman, the remark seemed homophobic." Ripa insisted, "I respect all people, regardless."

Personally, I am not a big fan of Rosie O'Donnell. I used to be.....I loved her show until the day she attacked Tom Selleck for doing commercials for the NRA. He tried to tell her on the show that he doesn't agree with every average Joe having a gun, but if they are allowed by law then he will support and organization like the NRA that will teach responsible use of guns. She didn't agree and she used all of his time on her show to chastise him. That didn't sit well with me......Ya Don't Mess With Magnum. I really think that Rosie will jump on the band-wagon of anything that will cause controversy.

And to top it all off, Clay Aiken has never said what his sexuality is so who knows if he is gay or not. And really, it is no one's business.




Kelly Ripa and her husband Mark Consuelos








Kelly again.








Rosie being her usual sweet self......yeah right.






Back in the day.......

1 Comments:

  • At 3:53 p.m., Blogger Maura said…

    I think the whole thing is ridiculous! Why she freaked out on the show is beyond me - I think it was rather funny! I think it's even funnier how the AMA show had fun with it (Tori Spelling and Clay Aiken)...let it go people! Clay has not come out of the closet at all (I personally think he isn't gay - but on the other hand who cares).
    Rosie O'Donell has a right to her opinion but she should be more careful on how she says it and where she says it! I don't blame Kelly for being mad...but it's an endless fight!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home